Our refuge on the edge of Lac du Castor, located a 1.5 km walk from the main entrance, is completely off-the-grid , which gives you the perfect opportunity to disconnect.
This simple and modern shelter boasts wide rectangular windows which frame the outdoors perfectly. A wood stove for cold nights, a small space for cooking and a composting toilet are inside the cabin. A Jackery portable battery will give you just enough power to turn on a few lights and to charge your phone, and an outdoor fire pit creates the perfect environment for long nights under the stars.
WHAT IS IN THE REFUGE
- Jackery portable battery to charge your cell phones and power indoor lights
- 30L of potable water, for drinking and washing up
- Wood stove, kindling, logs, paper, matches and firelighters
- 12V camping cooler and ice packs
- Composting toilet, Toilet paper, sawdust to put in the compost toilet
- Furniture: Queen sized mattress / Dining table / 2 armchairs
- Iwatani portable stove and outdoor BBQ
- Dishes and kitchen utensils (coffee cups, plates, etc...) / Ceramic coffee filter, with paper filters
- Oil, salt, pepper, sugar
- Extras: Bluetooth music speaker / Board games / First aid kit
TO TAKE WITH YOU
- Linens : Sleeping bags or duvet / Pillowcases / Fitted sheet for Queen size mattress (for extra comfort)
- Anything else you think is necessary, but we advise you to pack light!
We send a Guide in .pdf one week before your arrival to better prepare your stay. It is important to note that the path to this accommodation is located on mountainous terrain. When conditions are good, and at a moderate pace, it takes about 25 minutes to get to the refuge on foot. There is moderate cellular reception at the cabin.
There is no meal basket delivery service at the C˚3 refuge, but it is possible to order a Local Producers Basket filled with local and seasonal products to pick up when you arrive at the site.
Kitchen and dining
Gas BBQ, Cooking utensils . Kitchenette
Lake . Mountain
Heating and cooling
Check in: 02:00 PM
Check out: 10:00 AM